Remember the days when friends and family members knew how to fix just about anything around the house? If they didn't, they knew of someone who could. If needed, you could always pull out the Yellow Pages directory or a phone book to find some local help. Well guess what – those days are gone.
Today's busy families turn to the Internet to answer all their questions. Smart small business owners want their websites to be at the top of the results page when a person does a Google search for a certain type of business in a town or city. These businesses get more phone calls, grow their customer bases and increase sales. If you want to grow your business, consider using an affordable internet marketing program to reach customers online, so when people in your community search for a service and a location, your company shows up first.
Here are the top five reasons to market your business online.
1. The Internet is where people today turn for advice. More people turn to Google to look up how to do something today than ever before. Businesses providing basic how-to information, identifying and fixing common problems, and when it's best to call in a professional, establish themselves as experts in their fields.
2. The Internet is used more than paper-based directories. No one keeps those big old phone directories around anymore. It is much easier to look up a phone number or address on a smartphone or a laptop computer. If your business isn't being marketed online, you are losing customers to your competitors who are.
3. Young customers with money are online. These are the people who don't want to take care of their own electrical, plumbing, renovation or heating and air-conditioning issues. They are the “don't-do-it-yourself-ers” and potentially your best customers. They do everything online – from banking to shopping. The best way to reach them is with an affordable internet marketing strategy.
4. It is easy for anyone to refer friends and family to your business online. Customers can share info about your business easily through Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other websites. These social media sites allow easy word-of-mouth advertising, and this is one of the most effective and affordable internet market methods out there.
5. You get pre-qualified customer leads. The customers you attract with different affordable internet marketing methods are already looking for your services! Someone typed a phrase like “how to unclog a drain” or “emergency plumber in Springfield” into a search engine. They are led to your site or blog and find answers to their questions. Because your website contained useful information, they are a lot more likely to pick up the phone and give your shop a call when the toilet overflows.
If you are serious about growing your customer base, get started on your internet marketing strategy today. Call Central Coast Web Design for expert advice and you'll be online in no time! Phone: 02 4341 3313.