When someone asks what you do for a living, and you reply you are a blogger….well odds are, you then see them roll their eyes over, as if it is an occupation that means nothing! But blogging is a powerful digital marketing tool when you know how to do it correctly.
Here are some pointers on how blogging can help your ecommerce site and improve your visibility online.
Reasons to write a blog:
1. A blog is one of the most effective free methods of driving traffic to your ecommerce website. If you carefully thread selected keywords throughout your blog content, you can then organically drive traffic to your site.
2. It's the perfect place to announce new products or information. Your new blog will be an excellent place for your customers to learn your latest news and updates. This could be anything from new products, answer to your most Frequently Asked Questions, seasonal promotions, or anything new about your company you would like to share.
3. It gives confidence to readers and potential customers and shows you value your customers, your brand and the products or services you are selling.
4. It can build an online community and increase your conversion. Having a strong voice online is a powerful medium that makes your business credible and relatable. It can provide clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
How to improve your blog:
1. Design matters. Careful colour choice, custom photography, and layout all add to the feel of your blog, encouraging the reader to engage with the brand of whatever you are selling.
2. Use interviews and industry experts to create unique content for your blog. Original and interesting content is paramount to ensuring that your blog is working for your business. Practical information that supports your product or brand philosophy is also key to getting the most out of your blog.
3. Take the time, care and effort to ensure you are getting it right. Simply publishing a few posts a month isn't enough to regularly bring traffic to your site. Be creative with your writing, layout and content. Educate readers, tell customer stories and think outside the box to help make your ecommerce blog unique.
While results will not be achieved overnight, an e-commerce blog will begin to pay off within your first few months. If you want quality with the content and creation of blogs for your ecommerce website – then why not give the team at Central Coast Web Design a call, and allow your e-commerce blog to help improve branding, drive traffic and increase sales for your online business.